06 Mar Dental Hygiene – Beth’s Top Tips
As a hygienist and therapist at Long Sutton Dental in Lincolnshire, Beth is the best person to help you look after your gums.
Here are Beth’s 8 top tips to keep your mouth in peak condition and improve your dental hygiene.
- Brush last thing at night and at one other time during the day
- Wait at least 30 minutes after eating before you brush your teeth (as your enamel is softer after eating)
- Use a fluoride toothpaste
- Remember to brush along the gum line as well as the teeth themselves
- Spit, don’t rinse (otherwise you are washing all that valuable fluoride away)
- Likewise, don’t use mouthwash straight after brushing
- Clean between your teeth once per day (Beth is happy to advise you if you struggle with this)
- See your dentist and hygienist for regular routine appointments
We offer various dental membership plans which include regular visits to our dental hygienist along with regular dental checkups. For more information view our dental membership page.